Cambridge, Mass. - Wondertouch by GenArts announced the availability of particleIllusion for After Effects (pIAE) for users of Adobe After Effects on Mac. Available as a plug-in for the first time, particleIllusion for After Effects enables artists to create gorgeous particle effects directly within After Effects.
Like its standalone sibling particleIllusion 3.0 and pIAE for Windows (now shipping), pIAE for Mac is built on a robust 2D particle generation engine. In addition, pIAE provides access to the thousands of existing wondertouch emitters -- downloadable presets designed to allow users to effortlessly create natural, high-quality effects such as smoke, fire, explosions, sparkles, fireworks, and countless abstract effects -- without ever leaving the After Effects environment.
pIAE for Mac features include:
· The ability to load most of the more than 2,800 existing particleIllusion emitters in After Effects, including the popular “Pro Emitters”
· The same emitter search engine found in wondertouch particleView
· Access to all top-level particle parameters, including size, life, number, velocity, etc. to further customize the particles for each project
· OpenGL-accelerated rendering
· Full support for HD content
Artists using pIAE for Mac can gain even greater control by using it in conjunction with particleIllusion 3.0. An excellent companion to pIAE, particleIllusion 3.0 grants access to all emitter settings and lower-level parameters such as color gradients, particle images, initial angle settings, and many more. Artists can also create new emitters and libraries, or move emitters between libraries using particleIllusion 3.0.
“particleIllusion 3.0 as a standalone application has earned its reputation by allowing customers to create stunning, natural effects that they would never have the time or resources to accomplish with other tools,” says Alan Lorence, creator of particleIllusion. “pIAE for Mac further enhances artists’ creativity by offering convenient, intuitive access to our amazing preset library without having to leave the After Effects environment.”
Regular pricing for pIAE for Mac is $299. wondertouch is currently offering a special upgrade coupon for existing particleIllusion 3.0 customers. Existing customers can get pIAE for Mac for $179 (offer expires on May 20, 2010).
Bundle options are also available:
· particleIllusion for After Effects BUNDLED with particleIllusion 3.0 will be priced at $579
· particleIllusion for After Effects BUNDLED with all 12 Pro Emitter libraries will be priced at $499
· particleIllusion for After Effects BUNDLED with particleIllusion 3.0 AND all 12 Pro Emitter libraries will be priced at $799