The NATAS Announces Recipients of the 62nd Annual Technology & Engineering Emmy Awards
Launched in 1948, the Technology and Engineering Emmy Awards honor development and innovation in broadcast technology and recognize companies, organizations and individuals for breakthroughs in technology that have a significant effect on television engineering.
The National Academy's prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award in Technology and Engineering will be presented to Sir Howard Stringer, Chairman and CEO of Sony Corporation. Sir Howard Stringer is one of the most respected executives in the communications industry. Since joining Sony Corporation, he has proven to be an innovative leader, spearheading the adoption of the Blu-ray format while leading the company’s high-profile expansion into digital broadcasting, the Internet and computer technology, including 3D TV.
The individuals and companies that will be honored at the event include:
1. For Development and Production of Portable Tapeless Acquisition
Avid Technology, Inc.
Ikegami Co. LTD
2. The Belt Pack: Distributed Amplifier Systems in Live Production
RTS Systems, Inc.
3. Development of Wireless Intercom
HME (HM Electronics, Inc.)
RTS Systems, Inc.
4. Development of Audio Meta Data Process for conforming audio the ATSC digital TV standard
Dolby Laboratories, Inc.
Linear Acoustic, Inc.
5. Enabling Standards for the delivery of television via broadband data systems
6. HD Super Motion Systems for acquisition, recording and Playback for Broadcast Entertainment and Sports Productions
NAC Image Technology, Inc.
EVS Broadcast Equipment, Inc.
Vision Research (An AMETEK Company)
Grass Valley Group
7. Blue Laser Optical Systems for Consumer Playback
Sony Corporation, Inc.
Royal Philips Electronics
Panasonic Corporation, Inc.
TDK Corporation, Inc.
For Ticket and Sponsorship information, contact Lauren Saverine at 212-484-9440 or by email at Lsaverine@emmyonline.tv. For 2011 CES award information, visit CESweb.org/awards.