The ANIMIAMI Animation Festival and Conference in October 2010
The conference and festival will be taking place on October 16 to 17, 2010 hosted by Miami International University of Art & Design’s downtown Miami campus. Speakers for the conference have already been confirmed and include an international who’s who of animation and gaming as follows:
• Hans Donner, Keynote Speaker of the Conference, Creative Director of Brazi’ls Globo Network
• Brian Jefcoat, Walt Disney Animation (Bolt, Prep & Landin, Lilo & Stitch)
• Chris Bailey, Universal Pictures (KimPossible, Alvin & The Chipmunks 1 & 2, X-Men 2, Eragon, Garfield 1 & 2)
• Mark. A. Austin, Walt Disney Animation (Bolt, Meet the Robinsons, Chicken Little, Star Wars Special Edition)
• Bill Buckley, Neversoft Entertainment (Guitar Hero, Guitar Hero 3, Metallica, Ban Hero, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, WWE SmackDown vs Raw)
• Leah Hoyer, Walt Disney Television Animation, (KimPossible, Recess, Phineas & Ferb)
• Mark Soderwall, (Star Wars – The Force Unleashed, Unreal II, Dungeons & Dragons)
ANIMIAMI was created to increase and improve the dialogue between students, educational institutions and the animation industry in the hopes of providing students and industry leaders the opportunity to express their views and expectations while creating an informative, yet nurturing environment to help students transition from university student to industry professional. The conference will also focus on exposing the industry's real expectations, needs and competencies required of new professionals.
ANIMIAMI will be composed of various elements: an animation festival featuring an Animation Expo of professional work, conference workshops and speakers, a job fair and an industry exhibit expo.
The animation festival will provide an opportunity for professionals and students to enter their work and compete in various categories (including student and professional categories in animation for gaming, advertising, and theatrical animation respectively).
Students will compete for internship opportunities in some of the best animation studios around the country. In addition, the festival will feature some of the best work produced by industry professionals.
The conference workshops and speakers portion of the event will include the above mentioned renowned speakers. It has been designed to be a forum for active networking and information exchange with strong a commitment and emphasis on education to develop and nourish new talent.
Additionally, the event will include a job fair which will provide and serve the animation industry as a resource for talent in both animation and computer graphics.
Finally, an exhibit expo will bring together industry vendors that will showcase new technologies as well as advances in the industry by the leading software and hardware manufacturers around the country.