Chicago, Ill. – NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the new MultiSync EX Series ideal for corporate users looking for increased productivity and sleek aesthetics.
The introduction of the series begins with the 23-inch MultiSync EX231W, an LED-backlit LCD monitor equipped with DisplayPort and DVI-I for full high-definition resolution. The monitor offers users an ultra slim bezel (14.6mm width), ultra light weight (9.3 lbs. with stand) and USB pass-through on the top of the monitor, which allows quick connecting of a webcam or simple flash drive access. Additionally, its excellent ergonomic features include a fully adjustable stand with 110mm height adjust, pivot, swivel and tilt, as well as a built-in carrying handle and quick release stand, which is ideal in financial applications where multiple monitors are tiled.
First-class quality comes in the form of brand new technologies like the human sensor, which detects user activity in front of the monitor and reduces its power up to 95 percent with inactivity. Users have the ability to adjust the inactivity length and sensor settings. The monitor’s ambient light sensor detects external light sources and adjusts the display’s brightness accordingly, while its carbon savings meter calculates the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.
The widescreen MultiSync EX231W offers the following features:
- 1920 x 1080 full high-definition resolution
- 250 cd/m” brightness
- 25,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- 31W typical power consumption, 16W in ECO ModeT
- DisplayPort and DVI-I connectivity
- USB pass-through
- 4-way ergonomic stand with 110mm height adjust, pivot, swivel and tilt
- Quick-release stand
- Touch-sensitive On Screen Display (OSD) controls
- Human sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- ECO Mode, Carbon footprint meter and cost meter
- Intelligent Power Management (IPM) system and off timer
- Dynamic Video Mode (standard, text, movie, game photo)
- External power supply via mini AC adaptor
- ENERGY STAR 5.0 compliance
- Windows 7 and Windows Vista certified
The MultiSync EX231W will be available in November 2010 at an estimated price of $339 and ships with a 3-year parts and labor limited warranty.