Irvine, Calif. – Luxion, developer of advanced rendering and lighting technology and makers of KeyShot, realtime ray tracing and global illumination program, recently announced the release of KeyShot 2.1, as a free upgrade to the groundbreaking KeyShot 2 application introduced just 4 months ago.
KeyShot 2.1 delivers many key features that make it even easier to create photographic images from 3D CAD models. KeyShot 2.1 adds support for SolidEdge, Autodesk ALIAS, and further improves the support for native Pro/ENGINEER files.
“KeyShot 2.1 is a major leap forward in terms of render quality and productivity,” says Peter Kossev, principal at Pixelmathematics, a provider of high-end product development consulting to many of the world's top manufacturers and a beta tester of this new version. “The ability to import ALIAS files into KeyShot directly saves us hours on a big project.”
Kossev has KeyShot fully integrated into his workflow. From early concepts to final marketing shots, Kossev has rendered an estimated 25.000 images since deploying KeyShot, formerly known as HyperShot, 3 years ago. “Our design process and business have fundamentally changed with KeyShot”, says Peter Kossev.
KeyShot 2.1 improvements include:
User interface and workflow enhancements
- Full undo stack
- Performance mode for fast model interaction
- Further improvements to model and scene interaction
- Translucent material for the creation for plastic and organic materials
- Improved anisotropic material with interactive brush direction control
- New, easy to use materials for Liquids, Paints and Gems
- Interactive Bloom and Vignetting accelerated using the GPU
- Ground shadow color adjustment
- New “realtime” render mode for final image output
Foreign language support
- Support for native Autodesk ALIAS data
- Support for native SolidEdge data
- Improved Rhinoceros and Pro/ENGINEER importer
KeyShot 2.1 is available in English, German, and Japanese. More languages will follow soon.
KeyShot 2 is available for Mac and PC starting at $995. KeyShot 2.1 is a free upgrade to all existing KeyShot 2 customers.