Adobe Helps Define New Formats for Mobile Advertising
Los Angeles, Calif. - At Adobe MAX, Adobe’s worldwide developer conference, Adobe Systems Inc. announced it is collaborating with six leading digital advertising companies to define two new full-screen ad formats for smart phones that support Adobe Flash Player 10.1 software and/or HTML5. As mobile advertising becomes an increasingly important medium to drive brand awareness and purchase intent, the new formats will give agencies the ability to retain control over creative design and development, while providing technical requirements to help ensure a consistent and interactive user experience.
The collaboration includes Adobe, EyeWonder, a Limelight Networks business, Greystripe, Medialets, MediaMind, PointRoll and Sprout. The companies will work to promote the ad formats across the online ad ecosystem, including agencies and trade associations, such as the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) and Mobile Marketing Association (MMA).
Rich Media Standard
By using a common format, agencies and publishers can increase efficiency in ad creation, trafficking, delivery and reporting. In addition, since ads authored in Adobe Flash Professional can be delivered to devices that support Flash Player 10.1 or converted for HTML5 using various automated technologies, existing production workflows are preserved, decreasing the time between ad concept and delivery. The current formats are designed to provide reach across major mobile platforms and will eventually expand to tablets and other new device classes.
The new ad formats are:
• FS-microsite: Rather than expanding to a static image in a full screen banner, this ad format requires interactive product details and/or lead capture be built into the full screen expansion. It lets users stay in context and not be taken to a Web-browser, delivering more information in a rich, interactive experience, which helps drive brand recognition and awareness.
• FS-video: This ad format delivers re-purposed broadcast ads or other high-quality video advertising to the end user, optimizing bandwidth and allowing agencies and publishers to re-use broadcast advertising assets for mobile.
Adobe is working with six rich media advertising companies that created mobile campaigns running in the new ad formats:
• EyeWonder – vip.eyewonder.com/demo/mobile/video/index.html
• Greystripe – greystripe.com/adstandards
• Medialets – medialets.com/blog/2010/10/25/collaborating-with-adobe
• MediaMind – demo.mediamind.com/_CREATIVE/mobileDemo/Mobile_Predators.html
• PointRoll – demo.pointroll.net/techops/mad/index.html
• Sprout – sproutinc.com/advine-adobe-mad-ad/
Adobe Powers Multiscreen Revolution at MAX 2010
•At its annual MAX conference, Adobe showcases technology innovation that enables designers, developers and content owners to fully embrace today’s multiscreen revolution across PCs, smart phones, tablets and TVs.
•In the keynote address, Adobe Chief Technology Officer Kevin Lynch addressed the market forces driving a new era of multiscreen content authoring, delivery and measurement. He will highlight how Adobe is helping solve the challenges of delivering multiscreen experiences with both Flash and HTML5 across areas of content creation that include web sites, digital publishing, online video, enterprise applications, and gaming.
Adobe Extends AIR Applications Across Screens
•Adobe unveils several new components of the Flash Platform: AIR 2.5 for televisions, tablets, smart phones and desktops, Adobe InMarket, and developer previews of Flash Builder and Flex Framework.
•Adobe AIR now supports smart phones and tablets based on Android, iOS, BlackBerry Tablet OS, and desktop operating systems. In addition, Samsung will be the first television manufacturer to ship Adobe AIR in its line of Samsung SmartTV devices while RIM, Motorola, Acer, HTC, Samsung and others are expected to ship the runtime pre-installed on smart phones and other devices starting this year and early 2011.
•Adobe is also launching Adobe InMarket, a new service that allows developers to easily distribute and sell their applications on app stores across different device types from Acer, Intel, and others.
Adobe Announces New Digital Publishing Suite
•The Digital Publishing Suite provides professional publishers the ability to create, publish and sell digital content directly, through content aggregator partners or leading mobile marketplaces.
•Built on the foundation of Creative Suite and InDesign CS5, the Digital Publishing Suite enables the design and delivery of innovative publisher-branded reading experiences.
•Adobe is already working with the largest publishers in the world such as Condé Nast and Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. to create and monetize dynamic digital magazines.
Adobe Unveils LiveCycle Enterprise Suite 2.5
•Adobe solutions for customer experience management build personalized, meaningful and exceptional experiences for customers, citizens, partners and employees across screens and devices.
•Powerful mobile capabilities enable organizations to deliver meaningful and rich experiences to customers and partners across screens and devices.
•Solution accelerators allow businesses to easily build and deploy critical customer and employee facing applications that impact productivity and ROI.
Adobe Celebrates Winners of 10th Annual Design Achievement Awards
• Adobe is recognizing the 10th annual ADAA student award winners.
• Adobe is committed to recognizing and helping advance student achievement.
• Adobe partners with the industry to help shape future designers and move the industry forward.