Las Vegas - During the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Toshiba’s Digital Products Division of Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., introduced the TLP-XD2000U LCD projector with XGA resolution, designed for mobile professionals, educators, corporate trainers, and small-to-medium-sized businesses.
Weighing just 6.2 pounds, the TLP-XD2000U features 3LCD technology for excellent color reproduction and 2000 ANSI lumens for a bright display in any setting. With a native XGA 1024x768 resolution and a sharp 600:1 contrast ratio, the TLP-XD2000U delivers clear larger-than-life images for digital home entertainment such as video gaming, televised sports, and DVD movies.
The TLP-XD2000U includes other enhancements that Toshiba is incorporating throughout its latest line of projectors, including:
· one-touch auto setup on a fully-loaded presentation remote;
· “blackboard” function that allows wall color adjustment when projecting on a non-screen surface for more attractive and clear presentations;
· digital zoom function on the remote control allowing the presenter to zoom in on a specific image presentation element;
· password protection and key-lock function to help prevent unauthorized use;
· instant power shut down capability that enables the projector to power off instantly once disconnected from the power outlet with no cool-down time required.
Offering users a host of connectivity options, the compact TLP-XD2000U projector includes composite video and S-video inputs, audio in, and variable audio output capabilities. A special monitor-out capability allows users to display and view images on a monitor and screen simultaneously.
The TLP-XD2000U also includes automatic vertical keystone correction (plus or minus 30 degrees) that instantly projects a square image even when the projector is set up at a steep offset angle to the screen.
The Toshiba TLP-XD2000U will be available to purchase through select stores by mid January. The product has an estimated single unit price of $849.