Parsippany, N.J. - PNY Technologies Inc. announces the immediate availability of the XLR8 GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB PCIE 2.0 graphics card.
Based on the Nvidia GeForce 8 Series of GPUs, this card features an immersive DirectX 10 gaming experience.
"The PNY XLR8 brand continues to build momentum with its eighth graphics card released this year,” says Nicholas Mauro, senior marketing manager for PNY Technologies consumer graphics cards and memory. "This card provides the horsepower for superb image quality and optimal performance for this season's latest DirectX 10 games and applications.”
PNY's XLR8 GeForce 8800 GTS combines:
• The second-generation Nvidia PureVideo HD engine, delivering Blu-ray and HD DVD movie picture quality on a PC with 100 percent offload of H.264 video decoding from the CPU with significantly reduced power consumption
• 128 stream processors clocked at a fast 1.625GHz and 256-bit 512MB framebuffer running at 1940MHz (effective)
• Compatibility with the new PCI Express (PCIe) 2.0 bus architecture by maximizing the 5 GT/s PCIe Gen 2.0 bandwidth (twice that of first generation PCIe)
• Backwards compatibility with existing PCI Express motherboards for the broadest support
• Multiple I/O connectivity options, including analog SDTV/HDTV output, two dual-link DVI connectors, and integrated dual-link HDCP support
• Support for Nvidia SLI technology for up to 2x the performance of a single graphics card
PNY's XLR8 8800 GTS is available now from major retailers and e-tailers for an MSRP ranging from $409.99 to $359.99, respectively. The company offers a five year warranty (three years standard with two-year upgrade upon completion of registration form on PNY Web site) for its 8800 GTS 512MB edition.