San Mateo, Calif. - Luxology LLC, an independent technology company developing next-generation 3D content creation software, has announced modo 301, a major upgrade to its 3D content creation software for Mac OS X and Windows.
A milestone on the modo roadmap, modo 301 is an “all systems grow” release that includes comprehensive improvements to modeling, painting, and rendering, and the addition of two new core capabilities: sculpting and item animation. Luxology plans to ship modo 301 during summer 2007.
“Our vision for modo has always been to allow artists to create 3D content without limits,” says Brad Peebler, president of Luxology. “The capabilities within modo have tripled since modo was introduced more than two years ago. The amount of expanded and entirely new features available in modo 301 is a true testament to the strength of our underlying Nexus architecture.”
Modo combines a real-time subdivision surface modeling engine with an artist-focused set of tools including 3D painting and a tightly integrated renderer that provides fully lit previews and fast, production-quality rendering.
Highlights of modo 301 include:
• Improved performance and strengthened capabilities across modo's core toolsets -- modeling, painting and rendering -- while further improving workflow. Two new core capabilities in modo have been added: true-3D sculpting and the ability to animate items and their properties.
• Precision Modeling and Sculpting: modo's subdivision modeler is equipped to support the rapid creation of organic shapes and the construction of precise rigid models.
• Fluid 3D Painting: Painting is now threaded for superior performance; paint strokes can seamlessly be applied across multiple images and onto multiple UV maps.
• “Unleashed” Rendering: The modo renderer offers a new built-in capability for network rendering (cross-platform) of high-resolution stills and animation sequences.
• Workflow: Artists and designers will enjoy smoother workflow in modo due to further refinement of the physical user interface.
Modo ships with one license that supports both Mac OS X and Windows and sells for a suggested retail price of $895. Existing modo users can now reserve an upgrade to modo 301 for the price of $295 by visiting www.luxology.com/store/modo.aspx. The upgrade price will revert to $395 after modo 301 ships.