With cutting-edge graphics, up to 2.62 TFLOPS double precision of industry leading GPU compute power and ultra-high resolution (4K) multi-display capabilities, video, design and engineering professionals can work at a whole new level of detail, speed, responsiveness and creativity.
NAB 2014 – AMD has launched the AMD FirePro W9100 professional graphics card designed for the next generation of 4K workstations accelerated by OpenCL (Open Computing Language).
With an industry first 16GB of ultra-fast GDDR5 memory, workstation users can multi-task efficiently across up to six 4K displays, load massive assemblies and data sets to manipulate them, or edit, color-correct and layer in multiple effects to 4K video projects, all in real-time. Powered by AMD’s latest Graphics Core Next architecture, AMD FirePro W9100 gives creative professionals supercomputing-class performance from a single GPU.
To address the increased requirements for real-time 4K productivity, the AMD FirePro Ultra Workstation was created with input from industry leaders to bring to market single- and multi-GPU configurations based on the new AMD FirePro W9100 that can match the demand of compute-intensive applications.
The AMD FirePro W9100 graphics features and benefits include:
- 2.62 TFLOPS of peak double-precision GPU compute performance - AMD FirePro W9100 graphics cards feature half-rate double precision, enabling more than 2TFLOPS of peak double precision performance on a graphics processor for the first time. Unlike competing cards that are not optimized for double precision, AMD FirePro W9100 workstation graphics cards offer the most double precision performance, completing compute-intensive tasks faster than ever believed possible.
- 5.24 TFLOPS of peak single-precision GPU compute performance - Helps speed up time required to complete single precision operations used within Simulations, Post Production and Effects, Signal Processing, Video Transcoding and Digital Rendering applications where high performance takes precedence over accuracy.
- 16GB GDDR5 Memory - Allows users to work at a whole new level of speed and responsiveness with a 512-bit memory interface and 320 GB/s of memory bandwidth to edit 4K video, layer in multiple effects and color correct on the fly, or load massive assemblies and data sets and manipulate them in real time.
- Multi-GPU Support - Combine up to four AMD FirePro W9100 workstation graphics cards in a single desktop system and leverage the combined processing power to work with multiple 4K video streams in real-time, layer in effects, make color corrections and edits on the fly.
- 4K Resolution - With six Mini DisplayPort 1.2 outputs, the AMD FirePro W9100 can drive up to six 4K displays.
- OpenCL 2.0 Support - Professionals can tap into the parallel computing power of modern GPUs and multicore CPUs to accelerate compute-intensive tasks in leading CAD/CAM/CAE and Media & Entertainment applications that support OpenCL. The AMD FirePro W9100 graphic card is designed for OpenCL 2.0, allowing developers to take advantage of new features that give GPUs more freedom to do the work they are designed to do.
AMD FirePro W9100 is available this spring.