Bridging the gap between camera and editor, BulletProof combines all backup, organization, color and delivery tasks while handling footage from multiple cameras and media cards. Whether shooting with a Canon DSLR, Nikon DSLR or GoPro sports cam, filmmakers, videographers and data wranglers can now quickly and easily transform their capture into edit-ready footage.
BulletProof eliminates the need for risky, tedious processes of manually copying media cards to hard drives by including a reliable, checksum-verified process for backing up valuable footage. BulletProof specializes in DSLR and sports cam workflows, and is the first affordable prep software that provides professional color controls.
BulletProof was designed by the team at Red Giant, including Co-founder, Sean Safreed; Sandy Alves, UX Designer (formerly a designer on Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom) and renowned filmmaker, director, and VFX artist, Stu Maschwitz.
The BulletProof workflow is presented in a series of five views, arranged in a left-to-right flow that mirrors what filmmakers do on set every day. Moving between views is interactive and fun with a sliding interface and finger swipe support. Everything about the UI is designed to be intuitive; use Import once and you'll already know how to use
Export. Filmmakers can even choose between a friendly Conversation mode and an "engineer-friendly" Layout mode.
- Import: Offloading clips from media cards and drives is quick and safe in Import. BulletProof doesn't alter data while copying and backing up, so the integrity of your footage is always maintained.
- Organize: Set up shots before they reach the editing platform. In Organize, you can see thumbnails of the entire story, and check if the clips match the creative vision. Filmmakers organize their footage in a way that makes sense to them, using folders playlists, andmetadata like keywords and star ratings.
- Review: Review gives filmmakers the power to check quality and story. Examine and scrub individual clips, and set In/Out points and markers as you narrow down the shots. Review mode ensures footage from different cameras will ultimately match. Filmmakers can set up a rough cut and get a feel for the edit-before sending it to the editor.
- Refine: Jumpstart the color grade with a first pass of color. Refine provides professional color tools like Colorista color wheels and LUTs that let you unify and fix colors on the spot to avoid reshoots later. All color and metadata are applied non-destructively, so original clips are always safe and untouched.
- Export: The Export view is designed for fast delivery of masters, proxies and dailies, without the usual tedium of transcoding. Options like Burn In, Frame Rate and Resolution make it simple to export in a single time-saving pass.
A list of camera and codec/format support for BulletProof v1.0 is available at www.redgiant.com. Additional camera support will be added as free updates for BulletProof customers, and will be announced as they are released.
BulletProof will be released as a free public beta in the Spring of 2013. The final v1.0 of BulletProof will be available this summer and will be priced at $199.
BulletProof v1.0 will be available for Mac OS first. A Windows version will follow the Mac OS release.