The Stereoscopic Suite X3 for The Foundry's Nuke features emotion3D's unique toolset for working with stereoscopic material. SSX3 for Nuke includes automatic stereoscopic color matching, vertical alignment and temporally smoothed disparity map generation tools which are accelerated by Nvidia's CUDA powered graphics cards, as well as depth budget adjustment, 2D dimensionalization and new perspective view tools, opening an entirely new toolset to the Nuke user base.
Key features of the Stereoscopic Suite X3 include:
- Color matching plug-in for automatic matching of image histograms, providing a choice of which eye to match to.
- Disparity Map manipulation nodes such as Disparity Structure and Disparity Smoothing, for refining disparity maps.
- Image weighting options for newly created views, allowing artists the option of which eye to pull pixels from for inpainting operations or to correct focus matching problems.
- Depth to disparity, disparity to depth, and disparity clipping nodes for use in compositing operations.
- Novel view creation and 2D dimensionalizing nodes, for changing or creating the depth within a given scene.
- External viewer node for viewing resulting images on a stereoscopic display.
With the addition of The Foundry's Nuke to the list of supported applications along with Adobe's After Effects, emotion3D's SSX3 unique toolset will be available to an even wider range of artists and facilities. With the ubiquity of Nuke in the stereoscopic market and SSX3's unique toolsets for dimensionalizing 2D content and working with native S3D material, now even more facilities will be able to provide comfortable S3D content, whether for theatrical release, broadcast, or glasses-free digital signage.]
Emotion3D's SSX3 for Nuke plug-ins will be available for download starting April 17. Pricing is set at €7795 (approximately $10,200 US) per license.