AJA Video Systems has announced its new Hi5-4K and ROI Mini-Converters, powerful and portable devices that harness AJA’s proven technology for streamlining broadcast and post production workflows.
AJA's Hi5-4K Mini-Converter provides a simple monitoring connection from professional 4K devices using four 3G-SDI outputs to new and upcoming consumer 4K displays equipped with 4K-capable 1.4a HDMI inputs. Compatible with HD workflows, the Hi5-4K is also a flexible Mini-Converter for HD workflows requiring 3G/HD-SDI to HDMI conversion. AJA's ROI Mini-Converter allows high quality conversion and realtime scaling of computer DVI-D and HDMI outputs to baseband video over SDI. With extensive audio functionality, incredible image scaling, an elegant UI, as well as aspect and frame rate conversion, ROI seamlessly incorporates computer signals into video production.
Hi5-4K features include:
- 4x 3G-SDI inputs
- 1x HDMI 1.4a (4K capable) output
- 3G/HD-SDI to HDMI conversion for HD workflows
- Ability to connect KONA 3G SDI-based 4K output to 4K HDMI displays
- Audio embedded in the SDI input is passed as embedded audio in the 4K HDMI output
ROI features include:
- DVI-D and HDMI to SDI enables high quality computer signal integration
- Region of Interest scaling control for selective source screen isolation and resolution matching
- DVI-D loop through enables SDI signal conversion while maintaining DVI-D monitor connection
- Integrated control and elegant user interface facilitated via free AJA MiniConfig software
- Audio embedding in SDI output via analog 3.5mm connector input
- Frame rate conversion for maximum compatibility
- Aspect ratio conversion
- Genlock input enables locked SDI output for clean switching and integration
"Hi5-4K provides a very simple solution for facilitating full 4K monitoring on-set, while ROI fulfills a growing need among broadcasters and corporate video professionals to integrate high quality computer signals into their programming," said Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems. "AJA's line of Mini-Converters has been extremely popular both for their cost-effectiveness and reliability, and Hi5-4K and ROI each bring that same exceptional performance that professionals have come to expect from our products on or off set."
Hi5-4K will be coming soon and is priced at $595 and ROI ships today for $995.