NEWBURY PARK, CA — Maxon Computer, a developer of professional 3D modeling, painting, animation and rendering solutions, will highlight Cinema 4D R13 at NAB this year. The 3D motion graphics, visual effects, painting, and rendering software features all-new character tools, integrated stereographic capabilities and physical rendering.
Maxon will be streaming its booth presentations live at NAB. Guest artists scheduled to speak include:
- Barton Damer is a multi-award winning motion designer and digital artist working in a variety of mediums including print, web, live productions and broadcast television under his moniker, Already Been Chewed. Barton returns to the Maxon booth to reveal how he employed Cinema 4D to create some conventional and not-so-conventional campaigns for Street League’s professional skateboarding tour, Huawei smart phone spots, Answers Magazine illustrations, and more.
- Rob Garrott of Bendingpixels is a veteran motion graphics artist, instructor and Lynda.com author who has directed, animated, designed and produced numerous broadcast projects for leading brands. He will break down a medical animation project created for the National Institutes of Health Rocky Mountain Laboratories that highlights the use of Cinema 4D’s MoGraph and Spline Dynamics toolsets.
- Nick Campbell is a seasoned motion designer and founder of Greyscalegorilla, a successful online community and resource for training and tools for creative types. He will demo the ease of which Cinema 4D sparks creativity for dazzling motion graphics and effects on-the-fly.
- Jim Geduldick is a veteran VFX artist and editor and a co-host of the AENY (Adobe After Effects New York) user group. He will show recent projects that highlight the stereoscopic workflow between Cinema 4D R13 and After Effects CS5.
- EJ Hassenfratz is a multi-Emmy-Award-winning motion graphics artist and founder of Washington DC-based Eyedesyn. He will demonstrate techniques used on several projects, including animations for the NHL’s Washington Capitals and the Smithsonian that showcase CINEMA 4D’s versatility and performance working under tight deadlines.
- Casey Hupke is a freelance VFX designer/animator who has collaborated on campaigns for leading brands such as IBM, ATT, Coca Cola, and Buick. During his presentation, he will delve into recent projects to show how Cinema 4D’s MoGraph, Thinking Particles and presso toolsets bring efficiency into the workflow.
- Colin Evoy Sebestyen is a motion graphics instructor at both the California College of the Arts and Academy of Art University, in San Francisco. He will present a range of Cinema 4D-related topics on projects that include custom lettering for a Snoop Dogg music video, live concert design, interactive applications and animated typography.
- Kevin Aguirre is lead animator for LA-based Cake Studios, a creative force in branding, design and animation for clients worldwide. Kevin will breakdown recent broadcast projects to highlight the use of Cinema 4D’s multi-pass rendering, simple character IK setup, spline dynamics, Xpresso, the Cinema 4D to After Effects exchange and more, on the promo package for ESPN/Texas Longhorn Network, ID designs for the Red Zone Channel from DirecTV, and a complex set of sports package opens for Germany's Sky Sport Network.
- Anthony Madlangbayan and Renzo Reyez, are designers and animators at Royale, an award-winning production, design and animation studio in Los Angeles. They will demonstrate the role Cinema 4D plays in the studio’s hybrid workflow on projects for global brands including the network rebrand for the launch of Disney Junior, commercials for McDonalds’ “Monopoly 2012” promotion, MTV World Design Group’s “MTV at the Movies” commercial package, and more.
- Dave Glanz is the senior broadcast designer for Eyecandy, a post-production facility in the Washington, DC area. Dave will show the production-friendly workflow of Cinema 4D in projects created for the American Film Institute, Discovery and the History Channel.
- Claudio Jeno designs and animates games for Univision, the premier media company serving Hispanic America. Using various toolsets in Cinema 4D such as the Clone Array and Tracer, he will show the ease and flexibility in creating complex visual effects, animation and concept art under short deadlines.
- Brennan Ieyoub and Nicholas Scarpino head Layer Media, a San Francisco Bay Area-based new media and video production company. They will present how the studio's 2D After Effects motion graphics artists easily and successfully integrated Cinema 4D as an integral part of their production workflow for entertaining interactive web video content.
- Co-hosts, Michele Yamazaki, pluginologist for Toolfarm, accomplished motion graphics artist, instructor and author of “Plug-in with After Effects: Third Party Plug-in Mastery” and Kate Logan, documentary filmmaker, will introduce guest presenters and field questions from the live and online audience after each of the presentations.
- David Basulto, acclaimed journalist, digital guru and the founder and creator of Filmmaking Central, will augment Maxon’s show coverage as he roams the show interviewing industry opinion makers from the companies impacting video, film, graphics, animation technology and commenting on the hottest trends and new gear. His video reports for Maxon will be streamed during the show in between artist presentations.
The company will also host a special event for its partners and customers visiting from Latin America on Monday, April 16th. The company will detail how attendees can become a part of its expanding efforts in this emerging market. In addition, Claudio Jeno from Univision will discuss and demonstrate why Cinema 4D is an essential part of Univision’s graphics pipeline.
Maxon is sponsoring events and activities at NAB 2012 that provide an opportunity for show attendees to become better acquainted with its 3D product line. These events include:
- Las Vegas SuperMeet – Tuesday, April 17, 4:00pm – 11:00pm, Tropicana Hotel. The Creative Pro User Group Network (CPUG Network) hosts the eleventh annual SuperMeet, the largest annual gathering of FCP, Avid and Adobe editors, HDSLR filmmakers and digital content creators.
- MediaMotion Ball 2012 – Monday, April 16 , 5:30pm – 10:00pm, The Monte Carlo Hotel. The 15th annual MediaMotion Ball 2012 is affiliated with the International Media Users Group (IMUG) and the AE-List.