SAN RAFAEL, CA — At the NAB Show April 16-19, Autodesk will reveal a redesigned version of Smoke software and well as demonstrate the latest releases of its Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suites, including the new Ultimate Suite. During NAB, audiences worldwide will be able to view Autodesk product demonstrations and live customer showcases both at the event in Las Vegas and online on the AREA community site.
The following Digital Entertainment Creation products will be featured at the booth:
- Smoke: a completely redesigned and repackaged version of the all-in-one video editing and effects tool for the Mac
- Flame Premium software: Autodesk's innovative combination of tools for realtime color grading and interactive 3D visual effects
- Entertainment Creation Suites: Autodesk Maya Entertainment Creation Suite, Autodesk 3DS Max Entertainment Creation Suite and the new Autodesk Entertainment Creation Ultimate Suite — software for creating computer animation, motion graphics and visual effects; the new Ultimate Suite includes both Maya and 3DS Max along with certain other Autodesk Media & Entertainment tools.
Autodesk Customer Showcase
- Vico Sharabani and Alex Frisch, co-founders and visual effects supervisors at Copa Network, will present their work using Flame Premium and Autodesk Mudbox software on Nicki Minaj and David Guetta's "Turn Me On" music video.
- Ben Fender of Drive Productions, a London-based boutique specializing in 4D mapping, projecting content and 3D animation onto complex backgrounds, such as buildings and stage sets, will present recent work for Bombay Sapphire, Nokia and PRL created using Autodesk Maya software.
- Evan Schechtman from transmedia company @radical.media will demonstrate how he uses Smoke and Maya to create many of its award-winning multiplatform creations.
Flame Turns 20
This year marks the 20th anniversary of Autodesk Flame, Autodesk's Academy Award-winning 3D compositing system. The company will showcase 20 years of visual effects created by Flame artists.
Autodesk software will be featured at the following booths:
- Intel booth #SL12810: Autodesk Softimage and Maya software
- AJA Video Systems booth #SL3305: Autodesk Smoke
- Promise Technology booth #SL5327: Autodesk Smoke
- Wacom booth # SL2809: Autodesk Mudbox and Maya
- Dot Hill booth #SL13405: Autodesk Flame Premium
- Quantum booth #SL5024: Autodesk Flame Premium
On Wednesday, April 18, from 6:00pm. to 7:30pm PST, Autodesk will host an Education Reception only for educators at the Autodesk booth. Educators are invited to take a closer look at the Autodesk 2013 Digital Entertainment Creation tools and get a sneak peek of the exciting new Smoke technology.