The mMedia Platform provides an end-to-end media workflow storage platform that seamlessly integrates hardware and software to tackle today's media storage and management workflow needs – from ingest through archive.
"Yesterday's proprietary systems can't scale to meet the new content-everywhere world," said Alex Grossman, founder and president of Active Storage. "And first generation open systems lack the support necessary to integrate with current systems. New content management challenges require a new approach. That's why we developed the mMedia Platform."
The mMedia Platform gives content producers a complete media creation storage platform with the performance, scalability and configuration flexibility to meet nearly every broadcast and post-production need – from ingest through work in process, delivery and near-line archive. Some of the mMedia Platform features include:
- Scalability: The mMedia Platform scales to meet today's and tomorrow's ever-evolving, ever-changing content management needs. As an administrator's demand for more capacity and higher performance increase, the mMedia Platform easily scales to meet their need – without a forklift upgrade.
- Flexibility: The mMedia Platform is a true, open platform, so it can be easily reconfigured to handle changes in the digital ingest, transcode, and playout landscape.
- Hosted Software: Applications from industry leaders, such as Levels Beyond and Archiware, are hosted directly on the mMedia Platform to help end-users be more efficient, and know their content is secure throughout the entire creative process.
- Seamless Integration: The mMedia Platform works with all open production tools and asset management software in use today, including existing Active Storage systems, preventing unexpected expenditures and eliminating deployment challenges.
- Easy Monitoring: The mMedia Platform includes the latest addition to their Active Management Suite: mStats—giving users real-time information and performance profiling metrics across the SAN and the technology within the mMedia Platform.
Active Storage announced the mMedia Platform in January 2012, and is shipping it now.