Assimilate Announces Scratch Lab on Mac and Windows at NAB 2011
Assimilate has announced Scratch Lab, the Digital Lab tool specifically designed to meet the unique requirements of on-set and visual effects dailies ecosystems.
Available on Mac OS X and Windows 7, Scratch Lab is an end-to-end digital solution for the review, versioning, color correction, conform, and deliverables for on-set and VFX dailies pipelines. Priced at $4,995 USD, Lab’s flexible design enables it to handle the unique workflow complexities that each production requires. Scratch Lab is paired in the product line with the new version 6 of Scratch, Assimilate’s high-performance, digital cinema and broadcast finishing tool for RED and other digitals workflows.
First and foremost, Scratch Lab is fast. Featuring real-time playback and review of 2K, 4K, and 5K media, instant conform and highly interactive color grading, Lab delivers industry-leading tools within a powerful and consistent user interface. It unifies a broad range of native camera and other input formats, such as RED Epic 5K, ALEXA ARRIRAW, and DSLR RAW, and outputs to any popular deliverable format, including DPX, DNxHD MFX, and ProRes. Scratch Lab also offers full 3D stereo support, controls for image and convergence adjustments, plus full dual stream playback.
SCRATCH Lab’s tool set includes:
• Broad range of input/output formats for 2D/3D stereo, native RED RAW.R3D, ARRI RAW, Phantom, Panasonic P2, DSLRs, plus MXF, AVCHD, DPX, MXF and QT ProRes
• Real-time playback at up to 5K and beyond
• Audio sync
• Unlimited, non-destructive versioning
• Fast, accurate and flexible conform with Dual-View, Half-Mix and Side-by-Side comparisons, plus Quick Keys for moving through timelines and edit tools for shot manipulation
• Sophisticated, interactive color grading tools
• Support for Avid Artist Series and Tangent Wave and CP 200 panels
• Powerful, integrated 3D stereo tools
• Automated deliverable templates to simultaneous outputs based on format, metatdata, and LUTs/grades
ASSIMILATE is advancing its position of price-performance leadership, with SCRATCH Lab for Mac and Windows at $4,995 USD, and will ship during Q2 2011.
ASSIMILATE is advancing its position of price-performance leadership, with SCRATCH v6 for Mac and Windows at $17,995 USD. SCRATCH V6 ships during Q2 2011.