AJA Announces FS2 Dual-channel Universal Frame Synchronizer and Converter
AJA Video Systems intends to open myriad workflow possibilities with the launch of FS2, a universal frame synchronizer and converter with two independent channels that can be used separately or together, in a compact 1RU design.
Each FS2 video channel supports virtually any input or output: analog component or composite, 3G/HD/SD-SDI, Dual-Link and HDMI I/O--and each channel has its own still-store, keyer, and video proc amp/color corrector. FS2 offers dual independent streams with full input and output signal routing and dual 16-channel audio processors making it ideally suited for broadcast facilities, production trucks and other multi-format production environments.
FS2 builds on the success of AJA's FS1 by adding dual channel features in a streamlined 1RU form factor, and also adds 3G-SDI I/O, HDMI I/O, with Optical Fiber I/O options and Dolby-E encoding and decoding options, at an unprecedented price point.
FS2 can be used for a wide variety of video and audio signal conversion, adaptation, timing and processing applications, including:
· Dual-channel 10-bit up/down/cross convert between various SD and HD formats including 1080p50/60.
· General purpose dual HD/SD frame synchronization.
· Analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog audio/video conversion.
· Mux or demux of two separate HD signals from one 3G SDI signal.
· Convert 3G/HD/SD video over fiber to/from SDI (BNC).
· Built-in video processing amplifiers to adjust and/or color correct.
· Synchronize the timing of key and fill signals by putting both through the parallel FS2 video channels and adjusting their timing independently. Then key them using one of the two FS2 keyers or an external keyer.
· Dolby E encoding and decoding with full channel mapping (available as an option).
"Our customers have dubbed FS1 the 'Swiss Army Knife' of video converters for its range of connectivity options and supported formats," says Nick Rashby, president, AJA Video Systems. "With FS2 we've essentially combined two FS1 units into a single device, while retaining the same 1RU form factor and added a host of new high-end features. We're excited to announce FS2; there's really nothing else on the market that delivers comparable price-performance value."
FS2 will be available through AJA's reseller channel by summer 2011 at an MSRP of $4995 US. Optional features that will also be available for FS2 at a later date include: Dolby E encoding for $3895 US, Dolby E decoding $2995 US, dual Fiber options for $295 US and single fiber options for $195 US.