AJA Announces Ki Pro Mini, Portable File-Based Recorder at IBC 2010
Ki Pro Mini offers a small form factor, support for SDI HDMI cameras and key features, including:
· 10-bit full-raster recording to Apple ProRes 422 SD and HD formats (including HQ, LT and Proxy)
· Recording of SD/HD files from digital video cameras to Compact Flash (CF) cards
· Mac OS X friendly media and native QuickTime files--no log-and-capture required
· Professional video connectivity through SD/HD SDI and HDMI I/O
· 2 channels of balanced XLR audio with switch selectable line/mic levels
· 8 channels of embedded digital audio over SDI and HDMI
· Flexible control options including familiar front panel and web browser interfaces
· Optional Ki Pro Mini Mounting Plates that attach to hot shoes, battery plates and virtually any other accessory bracket
· Aircraft-grade aluminum construction that delivers light weight and maximum ruggedness
Ki Pro Mini supports a streamlined Apple file-based, production-to-post workflow, recording native Apple ProRes 422 QuickTime files onto CF cards, which are formatted as HFS+ volumes that are instantly connected to a Mac computer via off-the-shelf CF card readers.
Ki Pro Mini is planned for availability in October and US MSRP is $1995.