London, UK - Visual effects software company, The Foundry, launched its RED Digital Cinema workflow product, Storm.
Storm brings a focused and easy to adopt tool to digital camera workflows, offering a consistent and reliable way to review, organize, prepare, edit, conform and deliver RAW RED media, on a laptop or workstation on and near-set.
Storm brings continuity to your workflow enabling you to quickly and easily take RED media from camera, through editorial and onto post-production and delivery. Whether you’re a DIT, Data Wrangler, Cinematographer, Editor, Colourist, Director or all of the above, STORM provides a workflow solution that will work for you.
Storm’s intuitive and flexible UI makes it easy to customise and transition between layouts. Ingesting your RED media is fast and simple and from there Storm can be used to perform a multitude of tasks that will make your life easier:
• Use tags to identify and search for key frames or clips, then create user-defined bins based on tagged media.
• Playback in real-time. Make the most of your RED Rocket or lower your playback resolution to retain real-time on a laptop to verify your media.
• Use STORM’s effects, pre-defined looks or your own custom looks to explore cinematographic intent.
• Display and edit multi-track video and audio to compare takes, establish baselines and verify editorial intent. Then make use of Storm’s integration with FCP to edit and then re-conform back in STORM to your original RED media maintaining all looks, tags and metadata references.
• Navigate and grade media via the Artist Color panel to apply effects.
All this and much more…
Storm is available now and costs $375.
It requires a MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, or iMac with at least 2GB of RAM running OS X 10.6.4 or later. Storm is optimized for RED R3D footage and will use a RED ROCKET card if one is installed.
Free 15-day trial licenses are offered online at http://www.thefoundry.co.uk/storm.